Google Posts Now Live For Google My Business Users
ATTN: Newest update to Google – From your Denver businesses Google My Business page, you can now create and a Google post. A Google post is a social media style updates about activities that posts directly to Google’s search result pages. Before now, the only people who were allowed to do this were some select celebrities, film studios, and sports teams. Now local business owners are added to that list and will be able to update their activities. Google Posts has fully launched to most small business and allows business owners to post directly to their audience within the business listing & local knowledge panel on Google My Business.
This new update is going to be very helpful in bringing in more traffic to your site. Google experimented with their new posts during the US elections and it turned out to quite successful. After all who does not want the most up to date info, right in the search results?
If you are a small business owner, test out this new feature, give it a whirl! First of all, it’s FREE. Second of all, it has already proven to be very successful. Here are some ideas on what to post from Google:
- Share current promotions and daily specials – encouraging anyone to take advantage of your offers.
- Share to customers about upcoming happenings and events at your location.
- Show off your top products and highlight new arrivals.
- Choose from the available options to reach out to your customers from your Google listing: sign up for a newsletter, give them a one-click path to make a reservation, learn more about latest offers, or even buy a specific product from your website.
Are you ready to get started? Follow these steps on a desktop computer:
- Go to Google My Business and sign in. If you two or more than one location, click Manage location for the location you’d like to manage, which is the little building icon.
- Click the blue ‘CREATE POST’ button or click ‘Posts’ from the menu.
- From here you will see different options to add photos, text, events and even a button to your post.
- Make sure to preview your post before you post. Once it looks good, click ‘Publish’ in the top right corner of the screen.
Here’s an example of a post:
So how popular is this going to be? That’s hard to say but, Mike Blumenthal has been tracking the sites being created and there are already well over 100,000 in Google’s index since launch!