Denver Businesses, Websites, and Google’s New Algorithm Update
Did you think Google was over with updates like Panda and Penguin? Think again! Google has released an ‘unannounced’ algorithm update that is causing serious damage to Denver businesses websites. These website though have a poor user experience. Sites affected by this change saw a drop in their organic traffic from Google by anywhere from a 50% to a 90%, overnight!
There are many different reasons websites are seeing a drop like this. Some websites were too ad heavy, to the point where these ads are getting in the way of the user’s ability to digest their content. There are other sites that have been built exclusively to cater to Google’s algorithm, leaving the actual visitor annoyed when visiting the site. Other sites affected were part of low-value niche and lead generation sites, engaging in paid links or were simply low-quality affiliate sites. The one thing that ALL of these sites have in common was their low score when analyzed via Google’s Quality Evaluator Guidelines.
Thankfully none of our clients have been hit hard by this algorithm change. When in fact, our Denver Businesses websites we have seen some improvement! Most probably, this is due to the SEO deliverables which we offer. This is a great example of how our marketing strategies will help future-proof your business.
How are we protecting our clients, you ask?
1. First, we focus on the basics i.e. On-Site optimization, which includes fixing duplicate copy on the website and correcting all possible 404 errors
2. In the beginning, we do a thorough backlink analysis to get rid of any bad backlinks that can prove harmful. Then we diversify the backlink profile and add new backlinks, including local directories, coupons, infographics, informational content, videos, guest blogs, etc.
Below are some other backlink sources we’ve included in our new SEO deliverables to help further diversify the backlink profile.
• Startup Business Listings
• Magazine / News Placement
• Q&A Posting
3. We focus on getting the right keywords for your website and then making sure they are in the right places. We then sprinkle the keywords in blog posts and social posts.
So, if your website was hit by the new “Fred” update OR you want to avoid falling victim, we can help. Connect with us today and let our SEOs experts do all of the work.
- Carol norte
- Barrett miller
- craig fedderson
- Larry Leonard
- Latasha Baldwin
- BJ Penrod